From 15 to 19 May 2017, TWN was proud to host 25 teachers and trainers from across the European Union in Belfast for a Train the Trainer programme to share and learn about one another’s methods in teaching intercultural competencies. These workshops were a part of our Spaces for Intercultural Learning is funded by the Erasmus+ programme.
As part of the programme, the participants received a tour of Stormont Parliament Buildings and was welcomed to Belfast by:
- Rt. Hon. Arlene Foster MLA, leader of the Democratic Unionist Party
- Robin Swann MLA, leader of the Ulster Unionist Party
- Paula Bradley MLA, Democratic Unionist Party
- Claire Hanna MLA, Social Democratic and Labour Party
- Cllr Mairéad O’Donnell, Sinn Féin
Additionally, Short Strand Community Forum hosted an evening of entertainment for our guests, including a plated dinner, Irish dancers, hip hop dancers, and a 3-person band.